I have installed Plex media server on my mac and tried to uninstall it. I have realized that just removing the application from application folder alone won’t uninstall it. Here are the steps to completely remove the Plex Client and Plex Media Server from your Mac OS Computer:
- Make sure the Plex Client and Plex Media Server are not running
- Delete the following Files and Folders:
- ~/Library/Application Support/Plex
- ~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server
~ is your Home directory.
In Mac OS X ‘Lion’ 10.7, Apple has hidden the ~/Library folder. To access this folder in Lion,
- From the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder…
- Type ~/Library then press Enter and the ~/Library folder will open.
How to remove Plex from your mac